1. Journal club papers. Amber, Jaime, Meghan, Tim and Zachary please present summaries of the papers you have done for HW9 (papers 16-30). (Alex, Brian, Lana, Peter and Tyler - present your summaries in the class after next)
2. Select a topic for your 5-min Powerpoint presentation. Below I will outline the topics by providing a key link, search Internet resources to get more information and figures for your presentation.
- Drosophila embryogenesis
- Embryonic Development
- Cloning Mammals
- Frog Embryology
- Organizing the Embryo: The Central Nervous System
- Embryonic Development - organs
- Organizing the Embryo: Segmentation
- Cellular differentiation
In your presentation address importance of (1) genomic sequence in early development and (2) possible consequences of this theoretical knowledge for therapy of regulatory disorders, tissue engineering and perspectives for growing artificial organs and limbs for humans.
Tell others (!) which topic you have taken in the comments to this (!) post.
Alex, Brian, Lana, Peter and Tyler - present Powerpoint presentations in next class (Amber, Jaime, Meghan, Tim and Zachary - in the class after next.)
Everyone, please be prepared to discuss the topics of others. Prepare questions to others in advance.
Bring powerpoint presentation to class (or have it on U-drive).
3. Use your Gmail account (which you created in the beginning of the course) to login to http://docs.google.com/ . Upload your PPT to Google docs, publish it (make a presentation visible to public) and provide a public link to your PPT presentation in your homework at Livejournal.